The environment must be rich in motives which lend interest to activity and invite the child to conduct his own experiences.
- Dr. Maria Montessori
Montessori Summer Camp
Adhering to the Montessori principles and practices
Children’s House Summer Camp has consistently provided a joyful, safe, fun and enriching summer camp experience for children ages 2 ½-6 years!
• Parents may choose either Half or Full day programs and may send their children 3, 4 or 5 days per week.
• Camp doors opens for the Before Camp Program at 8:00 AM.
• Half-day sessions are 9:00 -12:30 PM.
• Full day sessions are 9:00-3:00 PM.
• After Camp Care Program is from 3:00-5:30 PM
• All campers and staff go home by 5:30 PM
Summer Camp activities focus upon the wonders of nature and their relationship to land, air and water. Activities often include (but are not limited to), gardening, back yard water play in our mini water park. Including water table activities, sprinklers, slip n’ slide and other unique ways of getting wet!
We will enjoy walking field trips throughout this lovely little neighborhood as well as to the Highland Park library. Children will enjoy story telling, puppet shows, live music, art activities and healthy food preparation experiences. (fresh fruit ice pops, fruit smoothies and fruit parfaits are always popular)!